> During the first SIDR session I commented that I agree with the need
> to explore new paradigms for distributing RPKI repository data, but
> that i was very disappointed with the analysis being used to motivate
> the exploration.

the ripe crew have looked at server load issues.  we've got client
measurements going back to day one, and every cache displays continuous
and historical performance measurements.

tim, oleg, bryan, rob, i, and others have and continue to explore
protocols other than rsync.

as we have all said before, no one thinks rsync is gonna scale forever.
but it's scaling well enough for the near term (see actual measurements
by all rpki.net caches, emulation reports, etc).  and it looks as if we
have plenty of time to do a next gen effort carefully.

there seems to be a good bunch of actual measurers/designers/implementors.
they seem to be too busy to post a dozen messages a day to the list.  this
is a feature, not a bug.

randy