Yes, let me try re-sending my original message -- this time with
correct RFC numbers:

I believe the question is what types of keys can appear as the subject
public key in an RPKI certificate.

--  RFC 6487 says "See 6485" (and thus 6485bis when it is published)
to find out what is allowed as a subject public key

-- draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles updates RFC 6487 and says "For
Router Certs (end-entity certificates use by BGPSEC) see
draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs

Ideally, this shouldn't be a problem. RFC 6487 governs subject public
keys for all certificates in the RPKI except BGPSEC router
certificates and draft-sidr-bgpsec-algs covers that case.

That being said, we currently have two working group documents that
update existing documents and I am not sure that the text of those
documents (taken together) is sufficiently clear on what can and
cannot appear as a subject public key in an RPKI certificate.

In particular, 6485bis seems to say "only RSA with SHA256" and I think
what sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles wants to say (but I don't know if it is
sufficiently clear) that b485bis applies to all RPKI certificates
except end-enty router certificates and that those certificates should
look at bgpsec-algs to figure out what an acceptable subject public
key is