On Jul 7, 2014, at 9:11 PM, Sean Turner <turn...@ieca.com> wrote:

> On Jul 07, 2014, at 19:42, Sandra Murphy <sa...@tislabs.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 7, 2014, at 7:00 PM, Geoff Huston <g...@apnic.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Whats the relationship between this draft and draft-ietf-sidr-rfc6485bis?
>>
>> So you want to know if bgpsec-algs is updating the original RFC6485 or
>> updating rfc6485bis?
>
> draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs adds support for EC public keys & signature
> formats to RFC 6485 for BGPsec.  If 6485bis is going to be updated to include
> these changes then draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs can go away but I didn’t think
> that was the plan.  Assuming EC algs aren’t incorporated in 6485bis then
> draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs needs to update RFC 6485 or any document that
> obsoletes it.  I’m happy to change the updates header info to “Updates:
> draft-ietf-sidr-rfc6485bis (once approved)" though if that makes things
> crystal clear.

The rfc6485bis draft is intended to clean up errors in RFC6485.  That should
progress.  Implementations already comply with the corrected text.

The bgpsec-algs draft is adding new algorithms to be used in new RPKI objects
and in the bgpsec protocol.  The bgpsec-algs draft should be updating the
rfc6485bis document.  As there's still work in progress here, there should be
no problem with the order of publication.  I can see that there are several
references to RFC6485 in bgpsec-algs that will have to take the final
publication of rfc6485bis draft into account, in order to clear up the
relationships.

--Sandy, speaking for the wg co-chairs