John,

Steve - That information might indeed be useful in understanding the potential importance of the issue historically, but would not be an indication of the need going forward unless one presumes that the demands in the past for transfers reflects the future rate of transfers - this quite unlikely given that some RIRs (e.g. ARIN) are about to run out of their regional IPv4 free pool, which will result in significantly more folks going to the market to meet their needs... (If you are curious about the historical statistics on IPv4 transfers, I believe that each of the RIRs have this on their web site, ARIN’s is here - <https://www.arin.net/knowledge/statistics/transfers.html>) FYI, /John
I agree that the frequency of v4 resources might change as a result of exhaustion of that space on a regional level. A cursory look at the transfers listed at the URL you provided would support that projection. But, I'm especially interested seeing
which transfers are for live vs.unused space, since the implications for the
ordering of events are very different. I don't see that info on this page.
We also need a sense of how many CAs would have been involved in previous transfers,
as an indication of how complex the transfer procedure will be in the RPKI.

Steve