Randy
Tim offered no suggestion for a different term, which is not helpful.
the suggestion was "unwanted".
I reread Tim's message; I don't interpret it as having suggested
"unwanted" as an alternative.
that is clear.  others, such as matthias and i, did.  but this is not
productive.

to be clear, i hereby suggest s/adverse/unwanted/
I will process your suggestion in the same spirit that you continue to ignore my comments about revising the folksy language in the LTA use cases document.

The term "adverse" is appropriate here.

Contrary to Tim's assertion, it does not imply, ".. that for conscious actions by a parent CA against the will by a child CA, the parent is "wrong" and the child is "right."

"unwanted" is a wimpy term that fails to convey the fact that the actions have a negative impact on the INR holder.

Steve