Hi Marcos,

Thanks very much for the reply, it is really very helpful to me.
I noticed that a lot people are not using "P" in Pao.Basis to
generate polarization orbital, rather they use, like in your example,
a normal single zeta orbital. With "P" the radius cannot be freely
changed, but it is polarized by using an electric field.
So, this means that the radius of a polarization orbital is more
important than polarization by electric field. Is it right?
In terms of accuracy, do you think the method for polarization
in your example is better than "P" method? (assuming that the basis sets
for both methods are optimized)

Thanks again,
Yours

Xiaobing