Hi Xiaobing,

In principle, this should be it. Unless you have sometthing in mind for a
particular orbital or even a zeta, in which case you can set it with a
certain rc and let the others be determined by siesta. This is useful, for
example, if you want to explicitly control the extension of your
polarisation orbitals: instead of having

n= 3   0  2  P
    0.000   0.000
    1.000   1.000

you include an orbital with a unit of angular momentum higher than the one
it polarizes:

n= 3   0  2
    0.000   0.000
    1.000   1.000
n= 3   1  1            # <-- Single polarization for the 3s orbital above
    0.000              #     double polarization would be two zetas
    1.000

and set the rc explicitly. I'm not sure now, but I think that sometimes
siesta can complain about the rc's of polarization orbitals included in
this manner, telling you to set their rc explicitly.

Cheers,

Marcos

Vous avez écrit / You have written / Lei ha scritto / Você escreveu... X.
Feng
> Dear everyone,
>
> Some people used DZP basis (not optimized) for some transition metals with
> semicore states, like V, Cr. I don't know how they do it.
> Is it simply to set all cutoff radii to zeroes in the PAO.Basis and
> let SIESTA to generate these radii? One can only use hard confinement
> this way.
> Could somebody having such experience give me a clarification?
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Yours,
> Xiaobing

Dr. Marcos Verissimo Alves
Post-Doctoral Fellow
Unité de Physico-Chimie et de Physique des Matériaux (PCPM)
Université Catholique de Louvain
1 Place Croix du Sud, B-1348
Louvain-la-Neuve
Belgique

------

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto. Klaatu barada nikto. Klaatu barada nikto.