Dear Nichols,

Thank you very much for the very useful information.
That's OK if it is not possible to convert .psf PP to .fhi PP,
I wanted to convert .fhi file to .psf file. Is it possible to do this?

Very often when I generate .psf PP with ATOM using the cutoff radii
from other pseudopotential files used by ABINIT et al, the transferability
test results were not encouraging. I mean the differences in promotion energies
and in eigenvalues are much larger than 1 mRy, sometimes the difference
may be on the order of 100 mRy. I always used non-linear core correction,
and for this the cutoff radius is set to 0.7 a.u., this information
usually not found in pseudopotential files. I feel this is not
the cause for the bad transferability test results. I have no idea
why my test results are not good. Although by modifying the cutoff radii
I can get reasonably good transferability test results, less than 20 mRy.
It is time-consuming to test these PP's with bulk materilas.

ABINIT has a rich set of pseudopotentials, so I think it's better
to convert the ABINIT pseudopotentials, like .fhi files to .psf files so
I can directly use them with SIESTA. Do you think the .fhi has enough
information so I can convert it to .psf format?

Thanks again,

Xiaobing