Hello Michael,

You have periodic boundary conditions in all directions. Therefore the unit cell repeats itself. When they are far enough, they don't interact with each other.

The defect should have a large distance from the next one (like above). So you have to choose a big unit cell. (I wouldnt even find 120 atoms really big, e.g. compare with doping concentrations).

Kind regards
Marcel

Marcel Mohr                     Institut für Festkörperphysik, TU Berlin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       Sekr. PN 5-4
TEL: +49-30-314 24442           Hardenbergstr. 36
FAX: +49-30-314 27705           10623 Berlin