Eliseo,

The numbers you are showing for the spins are extracted from some
integration over the densities, or those are the mulliken charges on the
system? I will suppose that those are the numbers that come out after one
or more complete self-consistency cycles; if it is so, it means that your
system "doesn't want to keep" the initial values you have supplied; it
will be more advantageous, energetically, to have the final configuration
of spins. The initial configuration is just a starting guess, but
self-consistency takes over after this. Nothing guarantees that you will
have the final global net spin, or the individual net spins of the atoms,
equal to the initial values after a whole SCF cycle. Actually, you can
constrain the total magnetization of a system in siesta, but I am not sure
if the total magnetization would be constrained over all the scf steps.

Cheers,

Marcos

Vous avez écrit / You have written / Lei ha scritto / Você escreveu...
Eliseo Ruiz

--
Dr. Marcos Verissimo Alves
Post-Doctoral Fellow

------

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto. Klaatu barada nikto. Klaatu barada nikto.