I've never tried it, but I guess it should work. The next time I need a
constr routine I'll try your idea.

Regards

Pablo

On 3/30/07, Yurko Natanzon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

thank you very much, your solution seems to be better. Is it correct
that I can write several subroutines constr1 constr2 ... using the
same template, put them into constr.f and use different routines for
different calculations ?

On 30/03/07, Pablo Aguado <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sorry, now it's attached.
>

> > - should I only compile constr.f file or the whole siesta package must
> > be recompiled?
>
> You have to recompile the whole package to get a binary file with the
> constr.f subroutine implemented.
>
> > - if I want to keep unit cell angles fixed to 90, 90,90 degrees during
> > VariableCell optimization, is it correct to apply the following
> > constraints:
> > cell(1,2) = 0
> > cell(1,3) = 0
> > cell(2,1) = 0
> > cell(2,3) = 0
> > cell(3,1) = 0
> > cell(3,2) = 0
> > ?
>
> I don't use that  options so I can't tell you if that would work. In my
> constr.f I make the stress 0 in the diagonal directions, so the angles
don't
> change.
>
> Regards
>
> Pablo
>

> --

> Pablo Aguado Puente
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yurko Natanzon
PhD Student
Henryk Niewodniczański Institute of Nuclear Physics
Polish Academy of Sciences
ul. Radzikowskiego 152,
31-342 Kraków, Poland
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Pablo Aguado Puente
[EMAIL PROTECTED]