Dear Siesta Users,

For post-processing treatment, I'm presently interested in the density matrix
computed by siesta. So, I took a look in the diagk.F file. I understand the
global scheme, however, I don't understand why the overlap matrix doesn't
appear in the calculation. Indeed, I was expeting that the overlap element S
(iio,juo) should appear at lines 320 and 321 of this file. So, if I understand
well, only the diagonal element of the density matrix (those needed for the
representation of the density on a real mesh) are exactly calculated!

Is it right?
Every comments is appreciated!

Cheers,

Simon

PhD Student
University of Louvain-La-Neuve
Unit of Physico-Chemistry and Physics of Materials (PCPM)
Place Croix du Sud, 1
1348 Louvain-La-Neuve
Belgium
Tel: (+0032) 010-478681
Fax: (+0032) 010-473452
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This mail sent through IMP: mail.pcpm.ucl.ac.be