Dear Adam,

Thank you very much for your mail. I have used T=0K in the calculations. The delocalization is stronger in the case of fluorine, that´s true. but I can´t understand why I don´t have at least 0.001 Q extra in each carbon, so I can get Qup-Qdow =1. The up and down Q are identical 123.5, i am not sure that this is correct. Maybe it is possible to obtain other solution.

regards,

                       pablo

To: "Pablo Denis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <SIESTA-L@listserv.uam.es>
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] Qtot SWCNT+F

 Dear Pablo,

if you have delocalized state then usually the spin polarization energy
will be small. Check the "ElectronicTemperature" option. Most probably you
smeared the electrons between the spin up and spin down levels which
halfly occupies both states. Lowering the smearing can result in other
occupation but if the delocalization is strong then you will have this
smearing effect even at 10 K. If you set T= 0K, however, can lead to
convergency problems because your system is "metallic".

Yours,
      Adam Gali

Dr. Gali Ádám                            Adam Gali, PhD

Budapesti Műszaki és                     Department of Atomic Physics,
Gazdaságtudományi Egyetem, Budapest University of Technology and
Atomfizika Tanszék                       Economics
Budapest, Budafoki út 8., 1111           Budafoki út 8., H-1111, Budapest,
                                        Hungary

telefon: 463-1580                        telephone: [36]-(1)-463-1580
fax: 463-4357                            fax:  [36]-(1)-463-4357

                       e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          http://www.fat.bme.hu/homepages/galia/index.en.html