On Tue, 10 May 2005, Prof.Dr. Kemal ÇOLAKOGLU wrote:

| Dear A.Postnikov,
| Many thanks for your suggestions on our problem.Firstly We have calculated
| the lattice constant as 6.47 A (very cose to experiment , 6.48 A)for ground
| state bulk properties.But we have set  the input file more before  as you
| stated
| MD.TargetPressure  0.5 GPa
| MD.VariableCell   T
| to obtain the new equilibrium lattice constant for future work (Cij vs
| P ).Our obtained lattice constants vs enegy
| values are not expected ones as follows :
|
| lattice constant    Energy
|        6.0        -1454,395571
|        6.1        -1454,390932
|        6.2        -1454,397768
|        6.3        -1454,397499
|        6.4        -1454,398580
|        6.5        -1454,395873
|        6.6       - 1454,397538
|        6.7       -1454,398341
|        6.8        -1454,382220
|        6.9         -1454,385354
| As it can be seen , the data dont show the expected parabolic curve.So ,we
| can not obtain new correct- lattice constant .What is the reason of this
| discrepancy ?
| Your hint will appreciated
| Regards,
| Kemal Colakoglu,
| Gazi University,
| Dept.of Phys.

Dear Kemal,
your data show indeed a tendency to fall around a parabola,
however with huge fluctuations around, the reasons can be
bad convergency?
too few k-points?
too low MeshCutoff?
The usual suspects...
In principle, you should check the stability of your results
vs. k- and mesh cutoffs.

Good luck,

Andrei

 +-- Dr. habil. Andrei Postnikov ----- Tel. +49-541-969.2377 -- Fax .2351 ---+
 | Institut fuer Festkoerperforschung - FZ Juelich, D-52425 Juelich, Germany |
 +-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --------- http://www.home.uni-osnabrueck.de/apostnik/ --+