Many thanks to Riccardo Rurali and Emilio Artacho
for their enlightening remarks about calculations with net charge!

Now that this topic is under discussion, I wonder (if anybody
has experience) whether we should check the convergency vs. cell size
only when comparing DIFFERENTLY charged systems,
or as well when we compare different cases regarding to the SAME
net charge and number of atoms? Similarly: can we neglect the warning
of not-SC, BCC, FCC and skip caring about the Madelung energy
when comparing identically charged systems in identical cells?
It seems that the Madelung correction from the background charge
will be the same for these cases, independently on what we are doing
with the molecule inside the cell, but the I may have overlooked something.

Thank you ion advance,

Andrei Postnikov

 +-- Dr. habil. Andrei Postnikov ----- Tel. +49-541-969.2377 -- Fax .2351 ---+
 | Institut fuer Festkoerperforschung - FZ Juelich, D-52425 Juelich, Germany |
 +-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --------- http://www.home.uni-osnabrueck.de/apostnik/ --+