Hi,
It might be something as obvious as the format...  It doesn't like the
c=ca part...
Try this:
  pg      Cd
       tm2      2.40
n=Cd   ca
      0.0       0.0       0.0       0.0       0.0       0.0
   8    4
   4    2     10.00      0.00
   5    0      2.00      0.00
   5    1      0.00      0.00
   4    3      0.00      0.00
     2.40      2.40      2.40      2.40

Good Luck
M.

Lisowski, Michael F wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to generate the pseudopotential for Cd.  I have tried to create
this file several time using examples for Oxegen and others. But no matter what
I do I get the following error message.

cp: cannot stat `VPSOUT': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `VPSFMT': No such file or directory
==> Output data in directory Cd
==> Pseudopotential in Cd

Based on the manual and the archives I know that the format of the Atom inp
file is critical. But can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Below is the
inp file I was trying to use. The 2.4 came from the Octopus website I found in
the archives

  pg      Cadmium
       tm2  2.40
 n=Cd    c=ca
      0.0       0.0       0.0       0.0       0.0       0.0
   8    4
   4    1    10.00     0.00
   5    0     2.00      0.00
   5    1     0.00      0.00