Dear Cheng-Pin Yen
(just for keeping our mailing list browsable:
you answer to the list, as we were discussing the problem
of setting spin at different orbitals in a desired manner,
and using DMtune to this end:-)

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Cheng-Pin Yen wrote:
| Thanks a lot for your helping.
| I will tune InitSpin block first in fdf input file.

If it solves your problem, that's the best solution.

| DMtune tools seems to be difficult to use  for me ...
| I have compiler DMtune in linux .
| But I do not know what option to choose for my system .
| Is option 5 or 7 right way to do this ?

In fact none of them; 7 deals with non-collinear case which is not yours,
and 5 inverts the spin, but this is again not what you want.
You want one case with spin, and the other without. So it could be
rather playing around with options 3 and 4.
Option 4 smashes down the magnetism which is undesired, and
option 3 allows to introduce spin moment on selected orbitals -
one or more, in a row, and by repeating this you can generate
any desired pattern of spins up or down.
The use of DMtune is very straightforward - you start the script and answer
its questions. However, you must be able to count your basis orbitals
and know which one belongs to which atom and which (l,zeta-)states.
Note that this will give you only the manipulated density matrix,
which has no guarantee to survive in this spin configuration after
some iterations.

Good luck,

Andrei

+-- Dr. Andrei Postnikov ---- Tel. +33-387315873 ----- mobile +33-666784053 ---+
| Paul Verlaine University - Institute de Chimie, Physique et Mat\'eriaux,     |
| Laboratoire de Physique des Milieux Denses, 1 Bd Arago, F-57078 Metz, France |
+-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------ http://www.home.uni-osnabrueck.de/apostnik/ --+