Hello Luis,
Siesta solves the Poisson equation using ffts, so the zig-zag potential due the electric field is allowed in the directions where there is vacuum. But siesta doesn't introduce a fictitious dipole charge (as far as I know). Maybe if you change the cell geometry and the values of the electric field you will be able to simulate the
system you are interested in.
Best,
Eduardo