Thanks Eduardo,

Any idea of the SIESTA criteria for choosing the position of the
discontinuity point of the zigzag profile?

Luis

From: Siesta, Self-Consistent DFT LCAO program, http://www.uam.es/siesta
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eduardo Anglada
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 7:35 AM
To: SIESTA-L@listserv.uam.es
Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] Electric field

Hello Luis,

Siesta solves the Poisson equation using ffts, so the zig-zag potential due
the electric field is allowed in

the directions where there is vacuum. But siesta doesn't introduce a
fictitious dipole charge (as far as I know).

Maybe if you change the cell geometry and the values of the electric field
you will be able to simulate the

system you are interested in.

Best,

Eduardo