From: Marty Blaber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: SIESTA-L@listserv.uam.es
Sent: Sunday, December 7, 2008 9:31:38 AM
Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] ./optical <e2.dat

Hi Catrina,

Once you have run input:
../input < SysLabel.EPSIMG

you need only run optical without the redirect arrow:
../optical

This will automatically read the e2.dat file and provide you with the real
permittivity and other such things.

If you're performing a calculation on metals and you want to add the intraband
component of the dielectric function, you can use the following to convert from
relaxation time (in seconds ) into hartree's

    H=6.626068E-34;
    Elec=1.60217646E-19;
    PI=3.14159265;
    eV=((1/$1)*H)/(2*PI*Elec);