Hi Julie,

The reason for the wiggles is generally because the integration mesh isn't
fine enough for the broadening you have used. Lower broadening requires
finer mesh. Having said that, if the experimental data looks similar with
the calculation at 0.2 eV, you shouldn't have to go much below that. (Maybe
try 0.1 eV and an optical mesh of 50? just to check)
No need to increase the 1, should be fine as you have no periodicity in this
direction.
Your definition of scissor operator is correct! (Sorry, I should have been
more concise)

Cheers,
Marty