From: "Teng Yang" <yangt...@imr.ac.cn>
To: siesta-l@uam.es
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 12:33:35 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] units of dk in Monkhorst-Pack grid

Hi Salvador,

dk has two choice, either 0.0 (no shift) or 0.5. Using 0.5 for dk is to

shift all your k point by half of the closest k point distance, therefore

the most symmetric point (Gamma point) is not inculded, e.g. you choose

to calculate using 4 k points in 1st BZ in one dimension, you will split

1st BZ into 4 even parts (from -Pi/a, -Pi/2a, 0, Pi/2a and Pi/a), the k

distance is Pi/2a, when you shift dk by 0.5 (by Pi/4a), your new K points

are (-3Pi/4, -Pi/4a, Pi/4a, 3Pi/4a).

Good luck!

--Teng

> Dear users,
> I am performing a calculation on a graphitic system and would like to include
> the K point explicitly into the k-point grid.
> Wondering if dk is given in units of pi/a. Your help on this will be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> --
> Salvador Barraza-Lopez
> Postdoctoral Fellow
> School of Physics
> The Georgia Institute of Technology
>
> Office N205
> 837 State Street Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0430 U.S.A
> Tel: (404) 894-0892 Fax: (404) 894-9958

Teng Yang, Ph.D.
------------------
Magnetism and Magnetic Materials Division
Shenyang Materials Science National Laboratory
Institute of Metal Research
Chinese Academy of Sciences
72 Wenhua Road,Shenyang 110016, China

+86-24-83978119 (office)
+86-15998154791 (mobile)
+86-24-23891320 (FAX)
work: yangt...@imr.ac.cn
personal: yanghait...@msn.com
http://www.pa.msu.edu/~yang
http://www.msu.edu/~yangteng

Salvador Barraza-Lopez
Postdoctoral Fellow
School of Physics
The Georgia Institute of Technology

Office N205
837 State Street Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0430 U.S.A
Tel: (404) 894-0892 Fax: (404) 894-9958

Responder a