If you mean counterpoise corrected geometry optimisation, that's tricky, and definitely not implemented in SIESTA. Counterpoise is only really straight-forward for dimers (or at least small numbers) of fairly rigid molecules. In a crystal, you would have to make sure that your supercell is big enough (you can't CP correct the interaction of a molecule with its image), and I don't know the implications for K-points (my first inclination would be to say if you need more than one K-point, your system is too dense for counterpoise to be meaningful).

Have you tried adding diffuse functions? BSSE is a consequence of the incompleteness of localised basis sets. If you describe the wavefunction far away from the nuclei better, it should improve, but I don't know how quickly.

HTH,

  Herbert

Gregorio García Moreno wrote:
Hi all
I am studing polymers pi-stacked. I have obtained good crystal parameters, except for the pi-stacking distance, which is smaller than experimental data. Here, you recomended me that I should use TZP and BBSE. I have tried with TZP, but the results do not improve respect to DZP. However, I have searched in literature, and to apply BSSE could solucionate my problem. In the SIESA-list I have not found how to optimize with BSE, can someone help me?
Thanks in advance

Gregorio

--
Herbert Fruchtl