I did the following steps till now,

(compile siesta)

cd Obj
sh ../Src/obj_setup.sh

cd ../Pseudo/atom
make
cd ../../Util
sh build_all.sh

This this generated both executable file for the
fcbuild.f & vibrator.f in the Util/Vibra/Src package. Now the
description says that it will use a .fdf file as an input and it creates
 an .fdf file as an output. Is this the same fdf file used during the
run of siesta or is it from my output files or i have to have a new
input file ??

I also tried.

fcbuild < sih.fdf (my initial input file )

it gives the error as
redata:
 System Name                      = SIH1

redata: System Label                     = SIH1
Number of Atoms                  =   64

chkdim: ERROR: In fcbuild, dimension maxa =       8. It must be at least      64

i have already generated a .FC file for the phonon relaxation. I am
doing it in the siesta 3.1 version.

EVERY BIT of information and Suggestion will be fully appreciated. Thankyou.

Sincerely,

Bishal Bhattarai

Ohio University, USA

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 2:04 AM, Nick Papior Andersen <nickpap...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> You should run "make" and not try to compile it "yourself". :)
> Almost all applications in siesta utilities are compiled using makefiles.
> At least for 3.1 and above, I do not know about the 2.0.2 version.

> HELLO,
>>
>> I am a new person in SIESTA. I need to do some phonon calculations with
>> the
>> SIESTA. I have already got the sample.FC file after running the siesta
>> with my
>> Input .fdf file. How can I use these collected files after the
>> simulations to
>> run in the vibra package.
>>
>> How can i compile first the fcbuild.f file in SIESTA-2.0.2 or SIESTA-3.1
>> package ?
>>
>> Can I do this ?
>>
>> $ f95 fcbuild.f -o fcbuild
>>
>> but it says an error !!!
>>
>> fcbuild.f:29.72:
>>
>>       use fdf
>>                                                                         1
>> Fatal Error: Can't open module file 'fdf.mod' for reading at (1): No such
>> file
>> or directory
>>
>> Hoping for a kind reply.
>>
>> Sincerely,