Dear Dexi!

You should not set nember of CG steps to zero - it is not necessary. You
right that you should perform convergence of your property of interest, but
first structural relaxation is important as I suppose - maybe not in your
case, but often it is so. So select high meshcutoff about 400-500 and vary
density of kpoint grid and plot how it depends on FORCES. From this plot
you will select kpoints, then take this kpoints fixed and vary meshcutoff
to plot dependence on forces again. It is forces, not total energy are
relevant for structural relaxation. Enter in google "graphene transiesta"
and 1st link will help I believe.

--
Best wishes,
Maxim Arsent'ev, D.Sc.(Chemistry)