From: siesta-l-requ...@uam.es <siesta-l-requ...@uam.es> on behalf of Herbert
Fruchtl <herbert.fruc...@st-andrews.ac.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, 1 May 2019 8:01 AM
To: siesta-l@uam.es
Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] How to rotate translate or move molecule from one
position to another?

Dear El-Habed,

I am not quite sure what you mean with "sandwiched" and what plane you
want the molecule to lie in, but one tool you might want to look at is
gdis. It's a viewer that can read and write fdf files. You can select
your molecule in the gap and rotate (ctrl-right-mousebutton) or
translate (ctrl-middle-mousebutton). For more precise transformations
you can create rotation matrices and translation vectors in the (Tools
-> Building -> Editing menu (Transformations tab). On Ubuntu-based
Linuxes you can just install it with apt-get from the usual repositories.

Good luck,

   Herbert

On 30/04/2019 09:31, El-abed Haidar wrote:
> Good afternoon all,
> I am trying to use a new molecule below:
>
> and I would like sandwich it between the gold electrodes i have used in
> before. Relaxing the whole structure together after long time did not
> work. I have taken the alternative of relaxing the structure on its own.
> Then sandwich it directly onto the gold electrodes.
> My Problem is the molecule does not belong to the plane where it is
> suppose to be sandwiched:
>
> Both are in complete different positions. Does anyone know what one can
> do in this case?
> Any advice would be appreciated.
> Thank you!
> EL-Abed
>
> El-abed Haidar | Doctor of Philosophy(Science)
> Condensed Matter Theory (CMT) Group
>   | School of Physics
>   THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY | NSW | 2006

Responder a