This is a typical problem when one tries to relax a molecular transistor. I
suggest that you do the following steps:
1- relax electrodes and molecule separately
2- Build the sandwich device
3- relax the device with geometry constraints( rigid the electrodes and
molecule but no constraints on the electrode extension )
Please note that just for the new version of SIESTA the *rigid *command in
geometry constraints works(I am using 4-1-b3 version).
Good Luck

On Wed, May 1, 2019, 00:30 El-abed Haidar <ehai2...@uni.sydney.edu.au>
wrote:

> Good afternoon all,
> I am trying to use a new molecule below:
>
> and I would like sandwich it between the gold electrodes i have used in
> before. Relaxing the whole structure together after long time did not work.
> I have taken the alternative of relaxing the structure on its own. Then
> sandwich it directly onto the gold electrodes.
> My Problem is the molecule does not belong to the plane where it is
> suppose to be sandwiched:
>
> Both are in complete different positions. Does anyone know what one can do
> in this case?
> Any advice would be appreciated.
> Thank you!
> EL-Abed
>
>  El-abed Haidar | Doctor of Philosophy (Science)
>  Condensed Matter Theory (CMT) Group
>  | School of Physics
>  THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY  | NSW | 2006

Responder a