Dear Ziba,probably you'll need to explain better what's your problem.> Once I'm
relaxing my structure up to 0.0004 eV/Ang after the first MD step of phonon
calculation > without any displacement the maximum force will be 0.002 eV/Ang
"The first step without any displacement" is just calculation of your relaxed
structure.If it is as you say then either it was not fully relaxed, or you
changed some parametersbetween the two calculations. (A guess: either the
coordinates are not those from the relaxed case,or the density matrix taken was
not converged).> but still there is no negative frequency.- what you mean,
"still"? And how do you know "there is no negative frequency" if you've just
done "the first step without any displacement"?> This time I've relaxed my
structure up to 0.0002 eV/Ang but in the first step I'm receiving 0.015 eV/Ang-
see above> which is leading to the negative frequencies.- for what I know,
negative frequencies are are hint that the starting point for a phonon
calculationwas not at the local minimum, i.e., the relaxation was not good. How
negative are your frequencies?> In the successful phonon calculations I just
lowered the number of kpoint in the Monkhorst pack for phonon calculation > but
this time even the kpoints are the same as relaxation input.- reducing the
k-mesh is certainly not a working recipe for getting phonons right; you've just
had luck.Best regardsAndrei Postnikov
----- Ziba Torkashvand <zi.torkashv...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Hello everyone,I'm trying to do phonon calculation for some hexagonal
structures.Once I'm relaxing my structure up to 0.0004 eV/Ang after the first
MD step of phonon calculation without any displacement the maximum force will
be 0.002 eV/Ang but still there is no negative frequency.This time I've relaxed
my structure up to 0.0002 eV/Ang but in the first step I'm receiving 0.015
eV/Ang which is leading to the negative frequencies.In the successful phonon
calculations I just lowered the number of kpoint in the Monkhorst pack for
phonon calculation but this time even the kpoints are the same as relaxation
input.
Any help would be appreciated
ThanksZiba
--
SIESTA is supported by the Spanish Research Agency (AEI) and by the European
H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/)

Responder a