Dear George,

Having the country information is definitely an advantage. If the phone number
is made optional, then the issue of phone field getting populated with
+00000000 will still be there if the phone number is not given.

Pardon my ignorance but the current APNIC model - it is causing an issue
exactly where?

Regards
Anupam Agrawal | India Internet Foundation - Chair | 91 990 399 2838