Hi Anupam bhai,

Having the country information is definitely an advantage. If the phone
> number is made optional, then the issue of phone field getting populated
> with +00000000 will still be there if the phone number is not given.

I totally agree that country information (Country Code) is important but we
can lookup that info in inetnum/inet6num, autnum, organization and person
objects where Country attribute is mandatory.

The current reason for filling a phone number with +00000000 is because
it's a mandatory attribute and can't be left blank, once it becomes an
optional attribute then there is no need to fill it up at all.

> Pardon my ignorance but the current APNIC model - it is causing an issue
> exactly where?

The new Abuse role object was created by APNIC (adding IRT object data +
bogus data) as the consequence of adding abuse-c attribute, it was
suggested in prop-125.

Why does it matter to get rid of bogus data? - We have been trying to clean
up the whois data for a long time, even prop-125 was an effort towards the
same thing and adding a new role object with some bogus data is definitely
not something we should ignore. OTOH, yes it doesn't impact while parsing
the object for the abuse email.