> On Aug 22, 2023, at 05:16, Ashish Agarwal <ashishagarwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <auction.png>
>
> One basic question, are auctions/ IPV4 brokers  like these permitted  by
> IANA / APNIC  ? If  so it makes
> the   implementation of any restriction very difficult.
>
> thanks

Your question sounds simple enough, but it’s very complex.

What possible recourse would APNIC have to restrict an auction of addresses by
a US company on behalf of a provider registered in RIPE NCC?

I suppose APNIC could, theoretically block the inbound transfer (assuming that
the winning bidder chooses to transfer the addresses into APNIC), but since the
transfer (presumably) meets all of the outbound eligibility criteria for RIPE
NCC (I’m sure there are some, but I’m equally sure RIPE NCC makes them pretty
minimal), but that would violate the APNIC policy as currently written.
Changing the APNIC policy to block this would probably make it incompatible
with the ARIN policy and open a different can of worms.

So, exactly  what restrictions do you want that don’t currently exist and why
do you think they would be beneficial?

Owen