J Martinez confirmed that the question is solved:
Turns out that is one of the (probably many) symptoms of needing to build
libVisionProxy.so using the code and instructions supplied in
"Silkuli-1.0.1-Supplemental-LinuxVisionProxy.zip"
Once the new set of prerequisites were downloaded and installed it went very
smooth.
(Initially I went and found a 2.4 version of opencv-core, but I then got an
error about not finding highgui, so I could see where things were going and was
glad I back tracked and got back on the path.)