Eugene Maslov posted a new comment:
Hi all,
I have been using for several years a recorder which captures the images and
puts the actions into the workflow, but finally I found that typing scripts by
hands in Sikuli is more efficient, because:
1. Buttons and other screen elements almost always get highlighted and become
different when the mouse is over them. Moreover, in most remote desktops, the
mouse is drawn on the screenshots. Therefore the recorded images are too often
useless for playback with search of the images on the screen.
2. Even if not highlighted, the images are captured without any sense, named
mostly by time,  and placed into the scripts by their names. When you have
several dozens of test scripts, the system becomes non-maintainable: when
programmers change an icon on one button, you have to update manually every
script. It's even often easier to record them again than to update. The problem
can be solved if you have GUI map of common images and provide that the scripts
refer to the same images when you click them during the record, but it will
require image recognition capability from the recorder, that can really become
a large task. Instead, if you write the script manually, you can do it easily,
so that you can change only one image when something changes in the tested
application.
3. Manually you write clever scripts, finding screen contents by relative
positions with left(), above() etc., so that the scripts survive future GUI
changes occurring during software development. But with the automatic recorder,
 it's quite difficult to provide that it understands what spatial relations you
mean. It's still possible to record the actions and them to edit the script
manually, inserting necessary logics, but in this case the recording itself
does not save significant time.

So, I suggest, writing a practically useful recorder can require much
more work than it seems initially.