RaiMan proposed the following answer:
It is really fun, to help you: good perception and intelligent questions
with good explanations.

In this case, I would simply add a container, that saves the arrows we
found in sequence.

just at the beginning of the loop add
foundArrows = [] # empty list

... and when you have decided to type (an arrow was found)
foundArrows.append(a)

... and then when waiting for the bar to reappear:

max = 10
  if reg.getCol(3).exists(Pattern(foundArrow[3]).similar(0.9), 0):
    wait(0.5)
    max -= 1
    if max == 0:
      continue # loop again
      # exit() # to terminate in this case (recommended while testing)

this of course only works, if all arrows are found in a row.

depending on your final solution, it might be necessary to use
foundArrows.append(None)

in the right moment, to keep the foundArrows list consistent (always has
5 elements and each found arrow is at the right place in the list)