Edward posted a new comment:
I was trying for the longest time, to figure out what went wrong....

The 'target app' had gone through an update and apparently automatically
resized the window with all the graphics in it, and because of the fact
they are set to 'Stretch to fit' squashed the black lines of the arrows
just enough.

The strange thing is that it was working with the arrows in this
squashed state for quite a while, but just randomly decided enough was
enough.

Of course all that irritation, turns out I only had to resize the
graphics window about 2 millimeters larger. and Poof, problem
solved......