Ryan posted a new comment:
I don't know how to edit the question above so I'm going to add an
additional comment:

It does appear that it is directly related to subclassing region. We
were only subclassing to access the basic functions (click, left, right,
getX...) not to override them (Which was the issue in the previous
release).  I have a simple solution to fix this in my case, but
hopefully anybody searching for the answer will come across this and
note that subclassing at all doesn't appear to work in 1.1.0. It was
already stated in another answer that subclassing Region isn't
supported.