Ryan posted a new comment:
Oh my gosh, I'm sorry... I forgot to put in the self parameters for the
def statements. I have Eclipse set up to do that for me so I haven't
typed self as a parameter in a really long time.

class BaseClass(Region):
    def __init__(self, region, name):
        super(BaseClass, self).__init__(region)

reg = sikuli.Region(sikuli.screen())
baseClass = BaseClass(reg)

It would look like this.  you can omit sikuli (that is just passing the
sikuli wrapper we created with helper functions), and the lookup (secret
:) ). curDir is just used to provide a working directory to any images
that may be called in any of the class levels. I just included them for
the context of more being included at that level, but they can just be
omitted for a simplest working example. In the example I also included
the way I am getting the screen's Region for completeness.