RaiMan posted a new comment:
--- excuse for the problem insignificance
you should never do that and never apologize for having questions.
Just try to clearly describe what you want to do/achieve and what you already
have tried together with some information on outcome.

--- your suggestion
finally I have to admit, that in your situation a Key.NULL meaning
"no-modifier-keys" makes some sense: it simply makes your code a bit more
readable.
Feel free, to define it yourself somewhere at the beginning (startup section or
some imported config script):
Key.NULL = 0

... and later use it as suggested.

For the API it does not make sense though (if at all, then the name
should be Key.NONE, because Key.NULL could be misleading).

my solution for your problem would have been:

def typeCopyCommand(key=None, keym=None):
    if not key and not keym:
        type("c", Key.CTRL)
    elif keym:
        type(key,keym)