Just checked on Mac - this works:
(switches tabs in Safari)
switchApp("Safari")
wait(1)
type(Key.TAB, Key.CTRL)
wait(2)
type(Key.TAB, Key.CTRL + Key.SHIFT)
wait(2)

So it might be, that according to some "convention" for you key combination it
is
type("i", Key.SHIFT + Key.CMD)
on Mac

** Changed in: sikuli

** Changed in: sikuli
     Assignee: (unassigned) => RaiMan (raimund-hocke)

** Changed in: sikuli
    Milestone: None => 1.1.2

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Sikuli
Drivers, which is subscribed to Sikuli.

Title:
  type("i", KeyModifier.CTRL + KeyModifier.SHIFT) does not work on Mac

Status in Sikuli:
  Opinion

Bug description:
  I have an application which handles "Control + Shift + i" keys combination.
  The application is NodeJS based and it is supported on Ubuntu, Windows and
Mac.

  When I execute type("i", KeyModifier.SHIFT + KeyModifier.CTRL) on
  windows, it works well. But on Mac, it does not work.

  Before executing this line, I activate the window of my app by clicking it.
  Also, I am able to use the keys manually in the aplication but not through
sikulix script.

  My guess is that the issue is related to "Control" key handling on Mac.
  I verified that the type() function works with the SHIFT and Command key
modifiers on Mac.

  SikuliX version: 1.1.1
  MacOS: OS X EI Caption 10.11.6 (MacBook Pro)