-- To start typing again in the IDE, I need to switch to some other app ...
This is a known problem and you have the workaround. Every time I have this
problem on my own, I wish everything to hell, but I did not find a solution
until now.

-- Actually, now it looks something related to keyboard focus on Mac ...
Ok, then the given name cannot be found in the process list
(internally AppleScript is used:
set found to first item of (processes whose name is "#APP#")
where #APP# is replaced with the given string)
In the ActivityMonitor you can try to find out in the process details, which
file is opened to start your app.
Or you might try with AppleScript on your own, to find out the name of your app
process.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Sikuli
Drivers, which is subscribed to Sikuli.

Title:
  type("i", KeyModifier.CTRL + KeyModifier.SHIFT) does not work on Mac

Status in Sikuli:
  Opinion

Bug description:
  I have an application which handles "Control + Shift + i" keys combination.
  The application is NodeJS based and it is supported on Ubuntu, Windows and
Mac.

  When I execute type("i", KeyModifier.SHIFT + KeyModifier.CTRL) on
  windows, it works well. But on Mac, it does not work.

  Before executing this line, I activate the window of my app by clicking it.
  Also, I am able to use the keys manually in the aplication but not through
sikulix script.

  My guess is that the issue is related to "Control" key handling on Mac.
  I verified that the type() function works with the SHIFT and Command key
modifiers on Mac.

  SikuliX version: 1.1.1
  MacOS: OS X EI Caption 10.11.6 (MacBook Pro)