Hi Guys

Steve Dalton here, Lurker on this list - only just getting around to
posting.

I have been in this game for about 12 years. I started off in the UK
at IBM, then 3Com, coding embedded software for Switches/Routers. I
moved into business software and the web just in time for the first
dotcom boom and then moved here to Australia (Sydney) in 2000 where I
worked for at my first startup... which failed... lot's of lessons
learned (was interesting to look up at it all happening around us from
our lowly programming positions).

Was doing a lot of C/C++/Tuxedo around this time a crossed over into a
good Java/C++ developer (via BEA) and did some work at the SFE and a
bank for several years, before moving up to the Gold Coast 3 years
ago. Since moving up to QLD, I've been working mostly for Government
in Brisbane, but more recently have been working locally and hooked up
with Lee Butts & Rob Nielsen to form another company Refactor -
http://refactor.com.au

We do Agile Web development with Groovy/Grails mostly, but also do
plain Java/J2EE/Spring and Ruby on Rails. I've also been doing a fair
bit of Scrum lately and I've managed to stumble into become a
ScrumMaster which is something I never planned on getting into - but
find it quite interesting. We have a few product ideas that we are
working on - but at the moment we are mostly just doing consultancy.

Personally I am a bit of a Linux nut and will be at OSDC and LCA this
year if anyone wants to catch up with me. I am on twitter as @spidie
if you want to follow me.

Steve

ps. Me and Lee are hoping to come to the December meetup assuming it's
on - just so happens to coincide with the end of OSDC.