You're right about the language barrier, when I commenced working for DHC
very few in my team had a good level, all documentation was in Chinese which
is tough to deal with for any US/European corporations.  Much of their core
business was in dealing with Japanese partners across the water. The one
thing I certainly found with my team over there was that they can adapt very
well to change once the proper and correct procedure is in place.  Intrepret
that how you will, the enormous amount of red tape required to deal with a
vendor is staggering but the rewards can be very beneficial for all involved
if approached properly.

Mind if I ask which park you were in?  I'm interested in heading back over
to China, Beijing specifically, to work for a number of years in the future.

Jonathan