Hi Kevin

One of the biggest problems I find with Australian entreprenuers is
excessive secrecy - the difference between and entrepreneur and a
dreamer is that an entrepreneur makes it happen.  When I sold my last
company to a $bn company, we were approached every day by internal
engineers who said that they had the same idea years ago - my response
was a diplomatic version of "yes, but we made it happen".  If I meet
with entrepreneurs and they won't even tell me their idea, I generally
hit the eject button - the bad news is that your idea probably isn't
unique, but you can be unique by making it happen.  Silicon Valley is
built on sharing ideas and brainstorming, and then making it happen.
Elias is 100% correct that you need to raise some money, do a proof of
concept, and then go and sell before going further.

Secondly, if your customers are advertising and others, then you need
to pre-sell to them, NOT to the consumers who use it for free.  The
real customer of any Advertising based businesses is Adwords et al -
the footprint of end-users is the value that the advertisers seek to
exploit.

Phil Montgomery
San Francisco, CA
www.philmontgomery.com