I was involved in working on something like this for a business in the
travel industry. They acquired in about 12 currencies, including USD.
We used Citibank Singapore to acquire in everything except NZD and AUD
for which we used local banks. However this was for large amounts of
money (I would guess at least a million per month per currency) so the
level of attention and customisation available might be different.

Credit charge interchange in the US is a lot higher (maybe 2-3 %) so
if the merchant service fee is looking expensive, that is one reason
(because a big chunk of the money goes back to the issuer of the
cards.) In Australia the Reserve Bank has been regulating the
interchange rates downwards, which is why it's less expensive to
accept credit cards here.