Hi everyone,

We recently purchased a 3 month trial of salesforce.com enterprise
edition to see if we can establish some systematic processes and
automation before making a larger commitment to a tool. Half-way
through I've been disappointed with it. Salesforce.com has a strong
model tracking individual leads/contacts/accounts, but it's
segmentation and campaign managements are surprisingly clunky. A lot
of our problems are due to inexperience, but I've found salesforce.com
is not as elegant as I imagined a leading CRM system would be.

I've described our scenario below. Can anyone recommend an alternative
CRM system you currently use and LOVE for sales and marketing
management?  I'd love to hear from people that have reached the
"couldn't survive with out it" stage.

Our scenario:
  - We're running a physical seminar campaign in a specific industry.
People that attend that either opt in a for a webinar, more info, opt
out or buy. For each webinar a percentage show up, and the rest need
to be followed up by email/phone with an alternative time. For
attendees and more infos we have a similar follow-up process. We have
several campaigns at once (ie. leads that originated at the Brisbane,
Melbourne, Adelaide physical seminar...). I imagined salesforce.com
would be great at this segmentation and bulk email. It can do it, but
it's not great.

  - Concurrently we're running a telemarketing campaign in another
industry. Some of them opt in for an email, then opt in for more info,
a webinar or buy, and so on and so on.

Straightforward stuff, but our tiny team has to put in a lot of work
to stay on top of it.  Any suggestions?  My assessment of
salesforce.com is they're suffering from feature bloat.

Thanks,
Jeromy Evans