Congrats Simon, was reading Yammer's CEO quoted as saying they were
hiring internationally asap. News of the Melbourne office says it's
just sales and marketing though, right? Nothing wrong with that, just
means Yammer AUNZ is not really a "startup" in the Silicon Beach
definition of the word, such as Platform46 and Cleartext.

I think Yammer's tremendous advantages here are (1) strong local
reference sites established already (I keep bumping into orgs of all
sizes that are using it); (2) a free version with good functionality
orgs can use right away; and (3) a simple, benefit-focused marketing
message (sorry Platform46 and Cleartext, but your marketing is
jargonised to the point of near incomprehensibility to anything but a
narrow vertical market.

Just my 2c...

- alan