On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Dylan Jay <d...@pretaweb.com> wrote:

> You can learn a lot from reading the advice of others more experienced than
> you, even if its for a very different industry than your own. Beats
> conjecture about things like NBN which in the end after we've all given our
> opinion, not many people have enough knowledge to know how it will really
> turn out.

SB is an appropriate forum to discuss the NBN.. after all we are techies..
don't we "have-to-have it"?

After some digging think I've found some information that might give a
better understanding of the reasons behind the NBN. It's not bandwidth
they're worried about, but network security.

This is an American site, but our Government often follows their
lead/direction..

http://www.broadband.gov/issues/public-safety.html

I'm picking out this quite candid sentence..

"A variety of domestic and foreign actors have demonstrated the ability to
steal, alter, or destroy data and to manipulate or control systems designed
to ensure the functioning of portions of our critical infrastructure."