On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Geoff Langdale
<geoff.langd...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Frankly I don't want to subsidize either (or both?) of the major
> parties after having our interests so comprehensively ignored. A lot
> of us will just vote with our feet (see also the exodus to San
> Fransisco) or find ways to work around the problem (there are, of
> course, other ways to handle compensation). The idea of registering as
> lobbyists and making contributions is disgusting; we want a fair go
> (I'd settle for being treated half as well as real estate speculators
> are) and to make stock options a viable way to reward employees, not
> to reinvent ourselves in the business of 'farming the government'. We
> don't have time or attention to spare on that. Well, I don't.

Well the facts are that it's a democracy here and there is a prescribed
process for accomplishing what you are asking. We can call the process
disgusting or whatever you like but its the same process as they have
in San Fransisco anyway.

Are you aware that SF has a lot of tech lobbyists ? more than here. :-)

Notice how things are done there and learn...

With regard to real estate, their contributions to political parties give
them
considerable say in what happens. You can't expect half as good treatment
if there's no peanuts being fed to the monkeys.

I'm with you on the cynicism.. but importing what works for other tech
industries seems to be the solution for here also..

David