I've recently joined Airbnb. I'm their first Australian based hire.
I'll be launching them in Oz, with a focus on signing up new
properties and new users. We also have another Airbnb'er in
Melbourne!

Airbnb summary: "We connect people who have space to spare with those
who are looking for a place to stay." Reid Hoffman has called us "The
eBay of space". We're funded by Sequoia and Greylock.

We'll be doing some exciting things with Airbnb in Australia, so watch
this space!! For more info go to Airbnb.com.

I also recently won Australia's first Startup Weekend Competition held
in Melbourne. Its held around the world. My idea was to create a
language game to teach people Chinese (Mandarin). This can be extended
to other languages. You can read about it here:

http://www.startupsmart.com.au/growth/2011-05-20/language-learning-game-wins-inaugural-startup-weekend.html

http://www.zdnet.com.au/chinese-game-nabs-startup-weekend-gong-339314726.htm

Please sign up to our launchrock page below to get a first preview
when we launch and exclusive language packs!

http://mandarinmadness.com/

I'm based in Sydney and will be travelling to Melb for work, so
hopefully I can catch up with you at Silicon Beach Syd or Melb. I also
organise the SXSW Syd & Melb meetups.

You can connect with me here:

Twitter: @inspiredworlds
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/matthewho1
Email: matthew.h at airbnb.com

Would love to hear your thoughts about Airbnb or my startup Native
Tongue.

Cheers,

Matt
Airbnb