I struggled with the same question myself.  I ended up going with
Shopify (http://www.shopify.com) simply to get my online shop (http://
www.inkdrop.com.au) up and running quickly.  I'm hoping to redo it at
some stage into my own hosted store using Opencart, but will be a
while before I get around to that.  Definately recommend Shopify to
get something up and running really quickly to test an idea or design,
while you build your store in the background.